Last week, I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Grainne over at An Irish Girl In Korea. So thank you very much for your nomination. It has taken me almost a week to get this post done and finished. I don’t know much about the award, so after some research I learn that there are some rules. The Rules: 1. Thank and link the blogger(s) who nominated you. 2. Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers who you think deserve this award and link their blogs too. 3. Answer 11 questions posted by the blogger who nominated you and also ask 11 new questions for your nominees to answer. 4. Notify your nominees.
Next up are my nominations. However, running two blogs for myself and maintaining one for a friend means I don’t have all that much time to read many blogs. So rather than the 11 the rules state, I am going to nominate 5 (quality over quantity) that I enjoy following.
Nominees: 1. First up is the blog She Haunts
2. Second, my friend Alice’s photography blog
The Questions I Was Asked To Answer
1. If you could choose one country to visit where would you choose and why? I think I would visit Australia. I have never been and have a whole branch of family out there I have never met. I have only spoken to one of them, via Skype, and he was really nice. It would also be great, as my Nan’s brother is the head of the family out there and they have been apart for so long (since about 1960). So I’d love to take her with me.
2. What is the first thing that you do in the morning? Normally? Hit snooze on my alarm. But in reality, I normally get a shower. I find it wakes me up and prepares me for the day ahead. I also find it a necessity in the humid Korean summer.
3. Why did you start blogging? Honestly, I started to blog for my family back home. It was a convenient way to keep them up to date on my Korean adventures without having to repeat a story a million times. I never really expected anyone else to be interested in my blog, but it has become a lot less personal recently and I think that has helped.
4. How has blogging affected your life in a positive way? I am much more open about my mental illness – I am (currently) diagnosed bi-polar. Using this blog (in the early days) to talk openly without fear of being judged was really beneficial to me.
5. If you could be any animal what would it be? I would be a fox. Even though my favourite animal is a pig, I love the majesty of foxes. Something about them really appeals to me.
6. How would you describe yourself in three words? Hmm. Three words? Loyal. Shy. Funny. (Or so my friends would say)
7. Where do you see yourself in ten years time? In ten years time, I hope to be a bit more settled in my life than I am now. It would be nice to have some kind of a career (probably teaching). But I have a dream to have a book of poetry published or start my own clothing brand. These seem more like pipe dreams though, so likely teaching somewhere.
8. The mountains or the sea, which would you choose? The sea. No questions asked. I grew up in a small seaside town and one of the things I miss the most is the sea. You sort of take it for granted living next to it. Moving to the only province without access to the sea has shown me this. Plus, I hate hiking and what else can you do on a mountain?
9. Do you like or dislike meeting new people? Why? I like it, but it can take me some time to warm up to people or gain the confidence to talk to them properly. I am very shy (and have been for a long time). But I do enjoy making new friends.
10. What do you value most in life? Hope. To quote Doctor Who “I am and forever will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams.” I tend to find that, no matter how dark things get, hope can carry you through the storm and onto calmer waters. I have not had the best of lives (a lot of childhood things) but I think that this has given me hope – we all need something to hope for.
11. If you were a character from a movie or a different world (e.g. from Space), who or what would you be, and what would your story be? Hmm. This one is a good question. I would likely be someone who is obsessed with clothes. Perhaps one of the effeminate men often seen in Japanese Anime. I like to think I would be a hero too, but most likely, I would be as ordinary as I am now.
The questions that I’d like you to answer:
1. If you could be famous for doing anything, what would you want it to be?
2. What is the most beautiful language?
3. What is your favourite movie? And why?
4. What is the TV show you are obsessed with at the moment? Why are you obsessed?
5. In what way are you superstitious?
6. Who is your favourite member of The Avengers?
7. What was the last book you read? Was it good?
8. What is your favourite book? Why?
9. Would you rather have one year off at your current rate of pay to travel or work your current job for another year at double your current rate of pay?
10. If you were to write a novel what would it be about?
11. What subject do you wish you’d paid more attention in at school?